|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Site of Salhouse Windmill|
This is the site of a 19th-century windmill and associated buildings. The windmill is first mapped at this location in the late 19th century and is believed to have been demolished in the 1930s. The associated buildings were recorded ahead of demolition in 2008 (NHER 51770).
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 30714 14208|
|Parish:||SALHOUSE, BROADLAND, NORFOLK|
Windmill shown on (S1) but not on (S2) or (S3). Building to south, now a garage, may have been connected with it. Some remains are said to have remained until the 1980s.
See (S4) for further details.
E. Rose (NLA), 23 January 2006.
Copy in file of document of unknown origin giving 20th century history.
E. Rose (NLA), 23 August 2006.
See NHER 51770 for details of a building survey carried out on adjacent buildings in June 2008.
A. Cattermole (NLA), 22 September 2008.
Site of windmill amended from TG30667 14226 to TG30714 14208.
A Yardy (HES), 16 August 2012.
- TOWER MILL (19th Century to Mid 20th Century - 1850 AD? to 1935 AD?)
- WINDMILL (19th Century to Mid 20th Century - 1850 AD? to 1935 AD?)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Map: Ordnance Survey. 1883. First edition six inch map. |
|<S2>||Map: 1840. Tithe Award Map. |
|<S3>||Map: Ordnance Survey. 1938. 25" OS. |
|<S4>||*Verbal Communication: Hughes, G. (Broadland DC). 2006. [unknown]. 19 January. |
|51770||Related to: Former service station, Mill Road (Building)|
Find out more...