|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Disused pumping station|
A small private plant existed in 1883 and was subject to a number of renovations before falling into disuse in 1989.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TL 7197 9958|
|Parish:||OXBOROUGH, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
Draining pump, now disused.
E. Rose (NAU).
This was a small private plant existing in 1883, probably steam. Disused by 1904 after which a hot bulb engine was installed, followed 1940 by a Ruston diesel with a Gwynnes pump. Disused 1989 and pump removed; engine sold off 1998. Replaced by electric pump. (S1).
E. Rose (NLA), 22 December 2004.
- PUMPING STATION (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|<S1>||Article in Serial: Hinde, K.. 2004. Pumping Stations in the Norfolk Fens Part 3, East of Ouse.. NIAS Journal. vol 7, pt 4, p 106.. |
Related records - none
Find out more...