|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Martinstaithe and Staithe House|
An 18th century house, built in two phases. The house was once divided into four, and is now divided into two dwellings. The façade has pilasters at each corner, and each bay is separated by a rusticated pilaster.
Images - none
House, later divided into four, unified in the early 20th century and divided into two in the 1970s. Two builds, about 1740 (Staithe House) to south and late 18th century (Martinstaithe) to north. Brick with pantiled roofs. Double pile plan. South part of two storeys in three bays.
For further information see (S1).
A. Cattermole (NLA), 17 January 2006.
- HOUSE (Post Medieval to Modern - 1740 AD to 2050 AD)
- HOUSE (Post Medieval to Modern - 1750 AD to 2050 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|<S1>||Scheduling record: English Heritage. List of Buildings of Historical and Architectural Interest. |
Related records - none
Find out more...