|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Salle Late Bronze Age hoard - Hoard 2|
Metal detecting in 2005 and 2006 recovered a Late Bronze Age hoard, consisting of a copper alloy socketed axehead, three fragments of axes, a ring and a casting jet.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||Not displayed|
|Parish:||SALLE, BROADLAND, NORFOLK|
September 2005. Metal detecting. 
Late Bronze Age hoard scattered over small area in ploughsoil.
Socketed axe, three fragments of socketed axes, and a casting jet. (Hoard 2).
See list and (S1) in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 18 September 2005.
December 2005-January 2006. Metal-detecting.
1 ?Late Bronze Age ring (S2) (If so dated then part of hoard).
Submitted for consideration as Treasure.
Identified by S. Ashley (NLA). See description and (S2) in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 20 February 2006.
Updated by J. Page (HES), 27 March 2014.
- FINDSPOT (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Late Bronze Age - 1000 BC to 701 BC)
- RING (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- CASTING WASTE (Late Bronze Age - 1000 BC to 701 BC)
- HOARD (Late Bronze Age - 1000 BC to 701 BC)
- RING (Late Bronze Age - 1000 BC to 701 BC)
- SOCKETED AXEHEAD (Late Bronze Age - 1000 BC to 701 BC)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Photograph: NLA. Finds Photograph. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Map: Finder's Map.. |
|<S2>||Illustration: Gibbons, J.. 2006. Drawing of a Late Bronze Age ring.. Film. 1:1. |
Related records - none
Find out more...