|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||1-4 The Almshouses|
This row of single storey almshouses dates to 1846. They have plastered exteriors and are set on brick plinths. Together they have six casements and four studded doors, each with hoodmould. The three chimneystacks are evenly spaced along the roof ridge.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 13596 89889|
|Parish:||TIBENHAM, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
June 1981. Listed, Grade II.
Dated 1846. Row of single storey almshouses. Plastered, with brick plinth. Black glazed pantile roof with gabled ends. Six 3-light casements with glazing bars and dripmoulds and 4 studded doors with dripmoulds. Two small modern casements inserted. Three brick chimney stacks evenly spaced along ridge, the centre with datestone "1846".
Information from (S1).
E. Rose (NLA) 6 September 2005.
- ALMSHOUSE (19th Century to 21st Century - 1846 AD to 2100 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Monograph: Pevsner, N and Wilson, W. 1999. Norfolk 2: North-West and South. The Buildings of England. 2nd Edition. p 731. |
|<S1>||Designation: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England. List Entry 1049994. |
Related records - none
Find out more...