|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Roman, medieval and post-medieval finds|
Metal-detecting before 2005 and in 2015 recovered medieval coins as well as Roman, medieval and post-medieval metal objects. The metal finds include a Roman brooch, part of a medieval monumental brass and a post medieval belt clip.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 72 22|
|Parish:||GRIMSTON, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Before 4 April 2005. Metal detecting.
Fragment of medieval monumental brass.
Post medieval belt clip.
See list in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 12 June 2005.
October 2015. Metal-detecting. .
2 medieval coins.
Information from PAS import.
A. Beckham (HES), 1 January 2016.
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- BROOCH (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- BRASS (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- COIN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- COIN (13th Century to 14th Century - 1279 AD to 1302 AD)
- STRAP FITTING (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|---||Article in Serial: Ashley, S. 2012. Artefacts of Interest. Reported under the Portable Antiquities Scheme and the Treasure Act. The Coat of Arms. 3rd Series Vol 8 Part 1 No 223 pp 47-52. p 49; Plate 10a. |
Related records - none
Find out more...