|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Neolithic flint find|
Metal-detecting in 2005 recovered a Neolithic polished flint axehead. A late prehistoric piercer and prehistoric flint flakes were recovered while metal-detecting in 2010.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 29 31|
|Parish:||KNAPTON, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
March-April 2005. Metal-detecting.
Reused Neolithic polished flint axehead.
See description with sketch (S1) in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 13 May 2005.
Before 2 July 2010. Metal-detecting.
Prehistoric flint piercer and flakes.
See descriptions in file.
A. Rogerson (HES), 29 June 2011.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Late Prehistoric - 4000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- FLAKE (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- AWL (Late Prehistoric - 4000 BC to 42 AD)
- POLISHED AXEHEAD (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Illustration: Finds Illustrations. |
Related records - none
Find out more...