|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Pumping Station known as Wretton|
A diesel powered pumping station built in 1939. An electric pump was installed in 1980 and the old building made into a store.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TL 68767 97330|
|Parish:||STOKE FERRY, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Built 1939 on new site. Twin Allen diesel engines with centrifugal pumps. Electric pump constructed 1980 and old building made into store.
(S1) and (S2).
E. Rose (NLA), 22 October 2004.
- PUMPING STATION (Early 20th Century to 21st Century - 1901 AD to 2100 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|<S1>||Article in Serial: Hinde, K.. 2004. Pumping Stations in the Norfolk Fens Part 3, East of Ouse.. NIAS Journal. vol 7, pt 4, pp 95-97.. |
|<S2>||Article in Serial: 1980. [unknown]. NIAS Journal. vol 2, no 5, p 50.. |
Related records - none
Find out more...