|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Gresham's School Chapel|
The school chapel was built in 1912 by Maxwell Ayrton in knapped flint and limestone. The chapel has two angle turrets, an embattled parapet and a porch to the southwest.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 08888 39386|
|Parish:||HOLT, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
September 1983. Listed, Grade II.
School chapel, 1912-6 by Maxwell Ayrton. Knapped coursed flint and limestone. Plain tile roof, leaded lights, Two light aisle windows arranged in pairs between buttresses. Porch at southwest with parvis and corner buttresses. Partly embattled parapets. Two angle turrets.
Information from (S1).
November 2004. Seen in passing.
It is noteworthy that in fact the flintwork is quite poor as far as the knapping is concerned; none of the blocks is square.
E. Rose (NLA), 6 November 2004.
- CHAPEL (Early 20th Century to 21st Century - 1912 AD to 2100 AD)
- SCHOOL (Early 20th Century to 21st Century - 1912 AD to 2100 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Monograph: Pevsner, N. and Wilson, B. 1997. Norfolk 1: Norwich and North-East. The Buildings of England. 2nd Edition. p 556. |
|<S1>||Designation: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England. List Entry 1306528. |
Related records - none
Find out more...