|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Norfolk Rapid Coastal Survey: land based survey at Hunstanton|
In 2004 the Norfolk Rapid Coastal Survey examined an area of cliff top. Shallow ditches, low banks and mounds were recorded (see NHER 26938). St Edmund's chapel and war memorial (NHER 1291), Hunstanton lighthouse (NHER 1290) and a World War Two pillbox (NHER 42718) were monitored.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 67462 41869|
|Parish:||HUNSTANTON, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
December 2004. Land-based fieldwork phase of the Norfolk Rapid Coastal Survey. See also NHER 41013 to 41020.
See NHER 26938 for shallow circular ditch (context 1), banks and ditches (context 2) and low mounds and banks (context 4).
See NHER 42717 for circular raised area (context 3).
See NHER 1291 for St Edmund's chapel and war memorial (context 5).
See NHER 1290 for Hunstanton lighthouse (context 6).
See NHER 42718 for Second World War pillbox (context 7).
For intertidal phase of survey, see NHER 40310.
J. Allen (NLA), 1 December 2005.
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|<S1>||Unpublished Document: Robertson, D., Crawley, P., Barker, A., and Whitmore, S.. 2005. NAU Report No. 1045. Norfolk Rapid Coastal Zone Archaeological Survey. Assessment Report and Updated Project Design.. |
|26938||Parent of: Hunstanton World War Two Coastal Battery (Monument)|
|1291||Parent of: Ruins of St Edmund's Chapel (Monument)|
|42720||Parent of: Timber sluice (Monument)|
|23514||Parent of: World War Two Royal Navy pillbox and observation tower (Monument)|