|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Late Saxon to post-medieval finds|
Sporadic metal-detecting between 2004 and 2016 recovered medieval coins as well as undated and Late Saxon to post-medieval metal objects. The metal finds include an undated steelyard weight; a Late Saxon/medieval brooch; a medieval spindle whorl and a post-medieval crotal bell and hooked tag.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 40 91|
|Parish:||GELDESTON, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Before 22 July 2004. Metal detecting.
Late Saxon or medieval disc brooch.
See description in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 4 October 2004.
February- March 2009. Metal detecting (site extended).
Medieval coins, spindle whorl and post medieval crotal bell.
See list in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 18 April 2009.
January-February 2010. Metal detecting.
Post-medieval hooked tag and lead steelyard weight of uncertain date.
See list in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 9 March 2010.
January-February 2016. Metal-detecting. .
2 medieval coins.
Information from PAS import.
A. Beckham (HES), 4 April 2016.
- FINDSPOT (Unknown date)
- FINDSPOT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- STEELYARD WEIGHT (Unknown date)
- BROOCH (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- BROOCH (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- COIN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- SPINDLE WHORL (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- COIN (12th Century to 13th Century - 1190 AD to 1204 AD)
- COIN (13th Century - 1251 AD to 1272 AD)
- CROTAL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- HOOKED TAG (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Photograph: I & RS. Digital finds image. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
Related records - none
Find out more...