|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Roman, medieval and pot medieval pottery sherds, possible settlement.|
Fieldwalking in the 1990s recovered a few Roman sherds and profuse medieval and post medieval sherds in a confined area, which may suggest the presence of a medieval settlement. The tithe map of 1846 shows a dwelling on this site.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 052 081|
|Parish:||RUNHALL, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Late 1990s. Fieldwalking.
A few Roman sherds.
Profuse medieval and post medieval sherds in confined area suggest settlement.
See list and map in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 16 June 2004.
site corresponds with a dwelling visible on the 1846 tithe map. No trace of the building remains now. The dwelling was owned by William Black Atkins (d.1842) in the early 19th century. Information from 
H. White (NLA), 13 May 2009
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- SETTLEMENT (Medieval to Post Medieval - 1066 AD to 1900 AD)
- HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- QUERN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- STRAP END (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Map: Mann & Son. 1846. Runhall tithe map. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
Related records - none
Find out more...