|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Medieval seal matrix, thimble and 16th or 17th century gold posy ring|
Metal detecting in or before 2004 and in 2007 recovered a medieval seal matrix and a thimble as well as a gold posy ring dating from the late 16th or early 17th century.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 74 01|
|Parish:||OXBOROUGH, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
Before 9 June 2004. Metal detecting.
Post medieval gold posy ring, late 16th or early 17th century.
See description in secondary file.
E. Darch (NLA), 9 June 2004.
Before 20 April 2007. Metal detecting.
A medieval seal matrix and thimble.
See description in file.
E. Darch (NLA), 1 February 2008.
- FINDSPOT (Medieval to 19th Century - 1066 AD to 1900 AD)
- SEAL MATRIX (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- THIMBLE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINGER RING (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- JEWELLERY (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Photograph: I & RS. Digital finds image. |
|---||Map: Finder's Map.. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
Related records - none
Find out more...