|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Site of St Peter's Church|
The site of a medieval church that stood in the same churchyard as St Andrew's Church (NHER 4425). A flint shed now stands on the site, but nothing can be seen of the church.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 6669 0213|
|Parish:||WEST DEREHAM, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
May 1977. Visited.
Site of church. A flint shed stands on the site, but as far as can be ascertained through overgrowth, it does not contain any old work.
E. Rose (NAU), 19 May 1977.
Appropriate section from reference (S1) in file.
- CHURCH (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- BUILDING (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: Ordnance Survey Staff. 1933-1979?. Ordnance Survey Record Cards. TF 60 SE 11. |
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Record Card: Clarke, R. R. and NCM Staff. 1933-1973. Norwich Castle Museum Record Card - Medieval. Dereham (West). |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Monograph: Batcock, N. 1991. The Ruined and Disused Churches of Norfolk. East Anglian Archaeology. No 51. Microfiche 5:G12. No 164; p 53. |
Related records - none
Find out more...