|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Site of North District Pumping Station|
This is the site of a pumping station, also known as Upwell Beam Engine, which pumped water into Pophams Eau. The original engine was scrapped in 1920, and an oil engine installed in 1936. In 2003 no traces were visible on the site.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 53218 00880|
|Parish:||UPWELL, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Site of pumping station also known as Upwell Beam Engine. Pumped water into Pophams Eau. Scrapped 1920; oil engine installed 1936. No traces now on site.
Exact location confirmed from map of 1905 (S1).
E. Rose (NLA), 3 December 2003.
- PUMPING STATION (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|<S1>||Article in serial: Hinde, K.. 2002. Pumping Stations of the Norfolk Fens.. Norfolk Industrial Archaeology Society Journal. Vol 7, no 2, p 16-17. |
Related records - none
Find out more...