|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Saxon backwards looking beast brooch and finger ring, post medieval cauldron fragment|
Metal detecting in 2003 and 2004 recovered a possible Middle Saxon or Late Saxon copper alloy backwards-looking beast disc brooch, a Late Saxon finger ring, and a fragment of a post medieval iron cauldron.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TL 92 96|
|Parish:||THOMPSON, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
Before late August 2003.
?Middle Saxon/Late Saxon copper alloy backwards looking beast disc brooch.
See description in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 21 September 2003.
Before 20 May 2004. Metal detecting.
Late Saxon finger ring and post medieval cauldron.
See list in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 23 July 2004.
- FINDSPOT (Middle Saxon to Late Saxon - 651 AD to 1065 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- BROOCH (Middle Saxon to Late Saxon - 651 AD to 1065 AD)
- FINGER RING (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- CAULDRON (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Photograph: NLA. Finds Photograph. |
|---||Photograph: I & RS. Digital finds image. |
|---||Photograph: 2003. KTW 17-20, Middle/Late Saxon disc brooch with back looking beast.. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
Related records - none
Find out more...