|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Church Farm House and Barns, Bircham Road|
This farm complex contains a house of the early 17th century, which demonstrates the transition from cross-passage to end-stack forms. The house was extended northwards around 1700, and a front range was added around 1800. This occured not long after two grand barns were built, one of which incorporates a 17th century barn.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 80224 36342|
|Parish:||STANHOE, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Farm complex. House of early 17th century demonstrates transition from cross-passage to end-stack forms. Extended northwards around 1700. Front range added around 1800 not long after two grand barns built, one incorporating a 17th century barn.
See report in file (S1).
E. Rose (NLA), 15 July 2003.
- FARM (16th Century to 21st Century - 1600 AD? to 2100 AD)
- HOUSE (16th Century to 21st Century - 1600 AD? to 2100 AD)
- BARN (18th Century to 21st Century - 1800 AD? to 2100 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Unpublished Document: Rose, E.. 2003. Building Report.. Building Report. |
Related records - none
Find out more...