|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Site of Chantry of the Blessed Mary|
The Chantry of the Blessed Mary was also referred to as the chapel of Fenne End, and is known to have been separate to the chantries of St Mary, St James and St Edmund, which were performed within the churches of Walpole. It is of unknown date, but it is referred to in the Valor Ecclesiasticus of 1535. The exact location of this monument is unknown.
Images - none
|Parish:||WALPOLE CROSS KEYS, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
|WALPOLE HIGHWAY, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
|WALPOLE, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Also referred to as the chapel of Fenne End. Should be distinguished from the chantries of St Mary, St James and St Edmund, which were performed within the churches of Walpole.
Of unknown date, but listed in Valor Ecclesiasticus (1535).
J. Allen (NLA), 2 July 2003.
- CHANTRY CHAPEL (Medieval - 1066 AD? to 1539 AD?)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Article in serial: Wood, R. 1999. The Chantry Certificates of Norfolk: Towards a Partial Reconstruction. Norfolk Archaeology. Vol XLIII Pt II pp 287-306. |
Related records - none
Find out more...