|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Site of medieval chantry chapel|
Documentary evidence indicates that a chantry chapel, founded by Simon Blake, was present in the parish of Swaffham during the medieval period. The exact location of this site is unknown.
Images - none
|Parish:||SWAFFHAM, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
Exact site unknown.
Founded by Simon Blake.
Listed in the Valor Ecclesiasticus (1535).
J. Allen (NLA), 2 July 2003.
- CHANTRY CHAPEL (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|<S1>||Article in Serial: Wood, R. 1999. The Chantry Certificates of Norfolk: Towards a Partial Reconstruction. Norfolk Archaeology. Vol XLIII Pt II pp 287-306. |
Related records - none
Find out more...