|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Medieval and post medieval metal objects|
Metal detecting in this area during 2003 and 2005 recovered post medieval lead weights, a medieval horse harness pendant along with sherds of post medieval pottery.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 03 41|
|Parish:||WIVETON, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Before 28 March 2003. Metal detecting.
Apart from two late post medieval objects only metal finds from field:
Medieval horse harness pendant.
See description and drawing in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA) 1 May 2003.
Before 22 March 2005. Metal detecting.
Three medieval and post medieval weights in area with much post medieval or late post medieval material including pottery on surface.
See list in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA) 26 July 2005.
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- HARNESS PENDANT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- WEIGHT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- WEIGHT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Illustration: Finds Illustration. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
Related records - none
Find out more...