|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Middle/Late Saxon stylus, medieval and post medieval coins|
Metal detecting here during 2003 recovered a Middle/Late Saxon stylus along with two medieval coins and two post medieval coins.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 37 11|
|Parish:||SOUTH WALSHAM, BROADLAND, NORFOLK|
March/April 2003. Metal detecting.
Two medieval coins.
See list in file with NGRs.
A. Rogerson (NLA) 9 May 2003.
August-September 2003. Metal-detecting.
1 Middle-Late Saxon stylus.
2 post-medieval coins.
Coins identified by A. Marsden (NLA) and stylus by T. Pestell (NCM). See lists and drawing in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA) 19 October 2003.
Updated by J. Page (HES), 19 March 2014
- FINDSPOT (Middle Saxon to Late Saxon - 651 AD to 1065 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- STYLUS (Middle Saxon to Late Saxon - 651 AD to 1065 AD)
- COIN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- COIN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Illustration: Finds Illustrations. |
|---||Photograph: NLA. Finds Photograph. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
Related records - none
Find out more...