|Type of record:||Building|
A late 16th century and later two storey timber framed farmhouse, faced with flint and brick. The earliest parts are to the south and west, where fragments of the timber frame survive. The northern additions are 18th to 20th century. The fine chimney stack has four octagonal shafts.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 8074 1432|
|Parish:||SOUTHACRE, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
Late 16th century and later farmhouse. Brick replaces timber frame. Also flint walling and pantile roofs. Earlier block L-plan south and west. North additions 18th to 20th century. Two storeys and attics. Modern windows. Fragments of timber frame on west. Main façade to east with flint and brick ground floor and brick first floor. One surviving stud of former frame. Fine partly rebuilt axial stack with four octagonal shafts.
Information from listing Grade II 1984 (S1).
E. Rose (NAU), 2 December 1985.
- GREAT HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- TIMBER FRAMED BUILDING (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|<S1>||Scheduling record: English Heritage. List of Buildings of Historical and Architectural Interest. |
Related records - none
Find out more...