|Type of record:||Find Spot|
A prehistoric flint flake, Roman pottery, a Roman military belt or harness hinged fitting, an early post medieval button and other finds of unknown date found during metal detecting.
|Grid Reference:||TG 18 01|
|Parish:||MULBARTON, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
May 2002. Metal detecting.
Undatable prehistoric flint flake.
Roman military harness or belt fitting (photo) (S1).
Post medieval and undatable metal finds.
See lists in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 30 June 2002.
- FINDSPOT (Lower Palaeolithic to 19th Century - 1000000 BC to 1900 AD)
- WEIGHT (Unknown date)
- FLAKE (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- HARNESS FITTING (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- STRAP FITTING (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- BUTTON (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Photograph: NLA. Finds Photograph. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|---||Illustration: White, S.. 2002. Drawing of a Roman belt fitting.. Film. 2:1. |
Related records - none
Find out more...