|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Early/Middle Saxon find|
Metal-detecting in 2002 and 2016 recovered medieval and post-medieval coins; a post-medieval token and Early/Middle Saxon and post-medieval metal objects. The metal finds include part of an Early/Middle Saxon enamelled hanging bowl escutcheon and post-medieval buckles.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 02 06|
|Parish:||GARVESTONE, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
|REYMERSTON, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
Earlier 2002. Metal detecting.
Incomplete 7th century enamelled hanging bowl escutcheon, see description, annotated map copy and digitised images in file (S1).
A. Rogerson (NLA), 5 July 2002.
July-September 2016. Metal-detecting. Site extended to the whole field. .
1 medieval coin.
1 post-medieval coin, 1 token and buckles.
Information from PAS import.
A. Beckham (HES), 4 November 2016.
- FINDSPOT (Early Saxon to Middle Saxon - 410 AD to 850 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- HANGING BOWL (Early Saxon to Middle Saxon - 411 AD to 850 AD)
- COIN (13th Century - 1280 AD to 1281 AD)
- BUCKLE (16th Century to 17th Century - 1550 AD to 1650 AD)
- COIN (16th Century - 1560 AD to 1561 AD)
- BUCKLE (16th Century to 17th Century - 1575 AD to 1700 AD)
- TOKEN (17th Century - 1657 AD to 1657 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Photograph: NLA. Finds Photograph. |
Related records - none
Find out more...