|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Multi-period finds scatter|
In 2001 an Early Neolithic pottery sherd, Roman and Late Saxon sherds, and a very large amount of medieval pottery as well as lava quern fragments were recovered from a back garden in this area. Metal detecting in 2003 in the front garden recovered a medieval coin.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TL 77 88|
|Parish:||WEETING WITH BROOMHILL, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
2001. Trench in back garden .
Early Neolithic sherd, Roman and Late Saxon sherds, very large amount of medieval pottery.
Lava quern fragments.
See lists in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 8 March 2002.
2003. Metal detecting. In front garden prior to laying of path.
Medieval coin .
See list in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 16 April 2003.
- FINDSPOT (Early Neolithic - 4000 BC to 3001 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Late Bronze Age to Roman - 800 BC to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Late Saxon to Post Medieval - 851 AD to 1900 AD)
- QUERN (Unknown date)
- POT (Early Neolithic - 4000 BC to 3001 BC)
- POT (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- COIN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
Related records - none
Find out more...