|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||World War Two coastal battery|
A World War Two coastal battery with searchlights, gun emplacements and a command post is visible on aerial photographs taken in 1945 and 1946.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 9019 4584|
|Parish:||HOLKHAM, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
1945 and 1946. RAF air photography.
World War Two coastal artillery battery, with gun emplacements, command post, searchlights and hutted camp.
See (S1) in file.
A. Miller (Suffolk CC NMP).
D. Gurney (NLA), 13 February 2002.
- COAST ARTILLERY SEARCHLIGHT (World War Two - 1939 AD to 1945 AD)
- COASTAL BATTERY (World War Two - 1939 AD to 1945 AD)
- COMMAND POST (World War Two - 1939 AD to 1945 AD)
- GUN EMPLACEMENT (World War Two - 1939 AD to 1945 AD)
- MILITARY CAMP (World War Two - 1939 AD to 1945 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Vertical Aerial Photograph: RAF. 1945. RAF 106G/UK/374 Frames 4062-4 (NMR). |
|---||Vertical Aerial Photograph: RAF. 1946. RAF 106G/UK/1430 Frames 3037-9 (NMR). |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Map: NMP Plot. |
Related records - none
Find out more...