|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Willy's Croft, Church Road|
This single storey building dates to the late 17th century and was extended in the 19th century. It is partially timber-framed and has a thatched roof and a brick and flint extension. There is one main room with a cross passage and two service rooms now combined. The timber-framed partitions and beams remain, and a four bay roof with a gable and central trusses with tiebeams.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 1595 9879|
|Parish:||WRENINGHAM, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Late 17th century house extended in 19th century.
Part timber frame and thatch, brick and flint extension. One main room with cross passage and two service rooms now combined. Single storey and attic, extended as two storeys. Timber framed partitions and beams remain. 4 bay roof, gable and central trusses with tiebeams, the latter cut by a doorframe which the Listing Inspector suggests may be original. Two tiers of wedge tenoned purlins, collars and windbraces.
Added to list (S1) in March 2001.
E. Rose (NLA), 20 April 2001.
- HOUSE (17th Century to 21st Century - 1660 AD? to 2100 AD)
- TIMBER FRAMED HOUSE (17th Century to 21st Century - 1660 AD? to 2100 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Designation: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England. List Entry 1389114. |
|---||Photograph: Photographs of Willy's Croft, Church Road, Wreningham. Colour. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Designation: English Heritage. 1990-2013. English Heritage Listing Notification. Notification. DNF9717. |
Related records - none
Find out more...