|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Royal Observer Corps monitoring post|
The site of a Royal Observer Corps underground monitoring post, in use from 1958 to 1968. It was part of a network of such posts, designed to monitor fallout in the event of a nuclear attack. Demolished after closure, no trace remains today.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 9167 4209|
|Parish:||WELLS NEXT THE SEA, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
In use from 1958 to 1968. Demolished, no traces. See (S1).
E. Rose (NLA), July 2000.
- ROYAL OBSERVER CORPS MONITORING POST (Cold War - 1958 AD to 1968 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|<S1>||Article in serial: Catford, N.. 1999. Royal Observer Corps Underground Posts in Norfolk.. Norfolk Industrial Archaeology Society Journal. Vol 6, no 4, pp 59-70. pp 59ff. |
Related records - none
Find out more...