Record Details

NHER Number:35430
Type of record:Monument
Name:Site of Royal Observation Corps Post

Summary

A Royal Observation Corps Post existed here during the period 1959-91. In 1991 it was totally demolished, and only the telegraph pole remains.

Images - none

Location

Grid Reference:TL 6172 9460
Map Sheet:TL69SW
Parish:SOUTHERY, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK

Full description

August 1959-September 1991.
Royal Observation Corps Post totally demolished except for a telegraph pole.
See (S1).
E. Rose (NLA) July 2000.

Monument Types

  • ROYAL OBSERVER CORPS MONITORING POST (Cold War - 1959 AD to 1991 AD)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status - none

Sources and further reading

<S1>Article in serial: Catford, N.. 1999. Royal Observer Corps Underground Posts in Norfolk.. Norfolk Industrial Archaeology Society Journal. Vol 6, no 4, pp 59-70. pp 59ff.

Related records - none

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2019 Norfolk Historic Environment Service