Record Details

NHER Number:35390
Type of record:Monument
Name:Site of Royal Observer Corps post


A Royal Observer Corps post set up in 1959 and closed in 1968. No traces of the post survive on the site.

Images - none


Grid Reference:TM 2023 9208
Map Sheet:TM29SW

Full description

Royal Observer Corps post.
Set up June 1959, closed October 1968. No trace remains.
See (S1).
E. Rose (NLA), July 2000.

Monument Types

  • ROYAL OBSERVER CORPS SITE (Mid 20th Century to Late 20th Century - 1959 AD to 1968 AD)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status - none

Sources and further reading

<S1>Article in Serial: Catford, N.. 1999. Royal Observer Corps Underground Posts in Norfolk.. Norfolk Industrial Archaeology Society Journal. Vol 6, no 4, pp 59-70. pp 59ff.

Related records - none

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2020 Norfolk Historic Environment Service