|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Early Saxon to post medieval pottery sherds, Little Allgoods|
Fieldwalking in 1999 recovered a number of pottery sherds from the Early Saxon to the post medieval periods.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 6867 0021|
|Parish:||WRETTON, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Spring 1999. Field observation.
Named Little Allgoods on extent of around 1450 in NRO.
Concentration in an area of filed, quite marked and around 60m in diameter.
One body sherd profusely organic tempered, reduced with oxidised exterior. Early Saxon/Middle Saxon.
One large basal sherd. Middle Saxon Ipswich, fine with sparse pimples.
One rim sherd, St Neob jar.
Fifty-five medieval unglazed including one jar rim.
Fifteen glazed Grimston including one jug rim, one very odd thick ?late medieval basal sherd.
Eighteen GRE and one Westerworld stoneware.
Seven fragments medieval roof tile and two fragments of medieval brick.
One fragment very hard daub.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 2 February 2000.
- FINDSPOT (Post Roman - 410 AD to 1900 AD)
- POT (Early Saxon - 411 AD to 650 AD)
- POT (Middle Saxon - 651 AD to 850 AD)
- POT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- BRICK (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- ROOF TILE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources - none
Related records - none
Find out more...