|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Iron Age coin and multi-period pottery sherds|
Fieldwalking and metal detecting in this area during 1999 recovered an Iron Age coin and sherds of Roman, medieval and post medieval pottery.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||Not displayed|
|Parish:||WIGHTON, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
April-May 1999. Fieldwalking in ill defined area.
A. Rogerson (NLA) identified: Roman sherds: one oxidised possible flagon body sherd, two greyware jar rims and one body sherd from a mortarium in grey fabric.
One thumbed basal sherd glazed grimstone.
One rim of late medieval transitional ware.
A. Rogerson (NLA) 20 July 1999.
May-June 1999. Metal detecting.
Iron Age coin.
See list in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA) 17 July 1999.
- FINDSPOT (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- COIN (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
Related records - none
Find out more...