|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric flints and post medieval metal objects|
Metal detecting and fieldwalking here in 1998 recovered an early post medieval belt or harness mount, a post medieval lead trade weight and a retouched prehistoric flint flake.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 22 21|
|Parish:||STRATTON STRAWLESS, BROADLAND, NORFOLK|
October-November 1998. Metal detecting. Cross ref NHER 24030.
H. M. Geake (NCM) identified:
(1) Early post medieval belt or harness mount. The central lob is pear or drop-shaped; at the apex there is a small rounded terminal and at the base a larger lozenge shaped one, both with radiating grooves. Two spikes (one bent over) on reverse.
(2) Half-ounze trade weight of lead, flat and broad and circular with the two-shield emblem of the Commonwealth stamped on it plus a half circle. Now weighs 11.82g (0.42oz). Commonwealth period 1649-1660.
A. Rogerson (NLA) 18 July 1999.
Before 28 August 1998. Field observation. Beccles Farm - south field. Location .
P. A. Robins (NCM) identified: retouched flake. Short broad rectangular flake of dark brown flint from a pebble. Minor retouch and edge damage. Negligible patination. Undatable Prehistoric.
A. Rogerson (NLA) 22 December 2000.
September 2013. Metal-detecting. Discovery Tours, Field 7. Site extended to the whole field. .
DT2013 - PAS details to follow.
A. Beckham (HES), 23 September 2013.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- FLAKE (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- HARNESS FITTING (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- STRAP FITTING (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- WEIGHT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources - none
Related records - none
Find out more...