|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric and Roman finds from Keeper's Cottage Grounds|
A selection of prehistoric flints and Roman pot sherds and tiles were found in the garden of this property over a number of years prior to 1999. A number of the worked flints are reportedly Mesolithic.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TL 7637 9674|
|Parish:||NORTHWOLD, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Over a number of years prior to 1999.
Found in grounds of house by source , former owner.
To north of house, on bulge in boundary which marks edge of peat; flaked flint axe.
To south of house up to road; Mesolithic flints, Roman sherds and tile.
Finds not seen by NLA but descriptions tally with similar items from elsewhere brought in by finder.
E. Rose (NLA) 22 November 1999.
- FINDSPOT (Mesolithic - 10000 BC? to 4001 BC?)
- FINDSPOT (Neolithic - 4000 BC? to 2351 BC?)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Mesolithic - 10000 BC? to 4001 BC?)
- FLAKED AXEHEAD (Neolithic - 4000 BC? to 2351 BC?)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- TILE (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources - none
Related records - none
Find out more...