|Type of record:||Monument|
Prehistoric pot boilers, prehistoric flint flakes, fragments of medieval and post medieval pottery, a silver medieval brooch, a medieval strap fitting, a post medieval coin and other finds found during metal detecting and fieldwalking.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 07 99|
|Parish:||MORLEY, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
1999. Found in fieldwalking reseeded meadow, once ploughed. Height OD 43m.
Burnt mount, set amongst other pot boiler clusters; also flint flakes and medieval to post medieval sherds in background scatter.
Ordnance Survey show site as adjacent to pond with stream issuing from it.
Compare with NHER 34654.
Information from .
E. Rose (NLA), 10 September 1999.
1999. Metal detecting at  (site extended).
Lovely silver annuler brooch, medieval. Tip of pin misisng. quare section, twisted to give cable effect. Each face decorated with 2 rows of lozengiform punchmarks. Circular punch on pin.
Identified by H.M. Geake (A&E).
A. Rogerson (NLA), 9 February 2000.
Early 1999. Metal detecting.
1 post medieval coin.
1 medieval strapend
1 Undated mystery object.
See lists in file.
K. Hinds (NLA), 17 February 2000.
- BURNT MOUND (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- UNIDENTIFIED OBJECT (Undated)
- FLAKE (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT BOILER (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- BROOCH (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- STRAP FITTING (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- COIN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
Related records - none
Find out more...