|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric flints, post medieval pot, and slag of unknown date, Bacton to Great Yarmouth pipeline project|
Prehistoric flints, post medieval pottery and building material, and slag of unknown date found during a fieldwalking and metal detecting survey carried out by the NAU in advance of the construction of the Bacton to Great Yarmouth pipeline.
Images - none
January-April 1997. Systematic Fieldwalking and Metal-detecting Survey.
Field survey on proposed route of Bacton to Great Yarmouth pipeline (Field/Location RDX 33.3).
A flint scraper and a retouched flake were recovered along with post medieval pottery and ceramic building material, and undated slag.
See report (S1) for further details.
The archive associated with this work has been deposited with the Norwich Castle Museum (NWHCM : 2011.55 and NWHCM : 2017.395).
E. Rose (NLA) November 1998. Amended by P. Watkins (HES), 12 May 2019.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- METAL WORKING DEBRIS (Undated)
- RETOUCHED FLAKE (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- SCRAPER (TOOL) (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- BUILDING MATERIAL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Unpublished Contractor Report: Crowson, A. 1997. Bacton to Great Yarmouth Power Station Pipeline Archaeological Fieldwalking Survey. Norfolk Archaeological Unit. 262. RDX 33.3. |
Related records - none
Find out more...