|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric flints, medieval pot, and post medieval pot and metal finds, Bacton to Great Yarmouth pipeline project|
Prehistoric flints, medieval to post medieval pottery, and post medieval coin and door fitting found during a fieldwalking survey carried out by the NAU in advance of the construction of the Bacton to Great Yarmouth pipeline.
Images - none
January-April 1997. Systematic Fieldwalking and Metal-detecting Survey.
Field survey on proposed route of Bacton to Great Yarmouth pipeline (Field/Location RDX 33.1).
A dispersed collection of 15 worked flint fragments including a blade, flakes and retouched flakes were recovered along with two sherds of medieval pottery, 9 sherds of post medieval pottery and two fragments of ceramic building material, a post medieval coin, and a post medieval back plate from a door. This small concentration of flint extends into RDX 33.2 (NHER 34030) to the south.
See report (S1) for further details.
The archive associated with this work has been deposited with the Norwich Castle Museum (NWHCM : 2011.55 and NWHCM : 2017.395).
E. Rose (NLA) November 1998. Amended by P. Watkins (HES), 12 May 2019.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval to 19th Century - 1066 AD to 1900 AD)
- BLADE (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- FLAKE (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- RETOUCHED FLAKE (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- BUILDING MATERIAL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- COIN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- DOOR FITTING (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Unpublished Contractor Report: Crowson, A. 1997. Bacton to Great Yarmouth Power Station Pipeline Archaeological Fieldwalking Survey. Norfolk Archaeological Unit. 262. RDX 33.1. |
Related records - none
Find out more...