|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Site of post medieval brick kiln, 19 East Winch Road|
This is the site of a 19th century brick kiln shown on an Ordnance Survey map of 1883.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 6911 1924|
|Parish:||LEZIATE, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
'Old Kiln' on (S1) and (S2).
Formerly a brick kiln; now removed, probably in building houses on site known locally as 'Plutocrat Row'.
Site of kiln now occupied by a drive and flower bed.
Visited by E. Rose (NAU) 17 June 1981.
- BRICK KILN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Record Card: Clarke, R. R. and NCM Staff. 1933-1973. Norwich Castle Museum Record Card - Post-Medieval. Leziate. |
|<S1>||Map: Ordnance Survey. 1926. 1926 revision of 1883 OS 6" map. |
|<S2>||Map: Ordnance Survey. 1883. First edition six inch map. |
Related records - none
Find out more...