|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric flint, Roman and medieval pottery sherds|
Fieldwalking and metal detecting in this area during 1997-98 recovered a prehistoric flint scraper and retouched flint flake along with sherds of Roman and medieval pottery.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 36 23|
|Parish:||STALHAM, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
1997. Fieldwalking finds.
Prehistoric scraper and retouched flint flake.
See report in file by P. Robins (NCM) 17 February 1997.
W. Milligan (NCM) 17 February 1997.
1998. Metal detecting. NCM Enquiry No: E06883.
Two rim and two base sherds and three base sherds of Roman greyware.
No significent metal finds.
One base sherd medieval unglazed. Identified by W. F. Milligan (NCM).
A. Rogerson (NLA) 26 March 1999.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
Related records - none
Find out more...