|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric pot boilers, multi-period objects and pottery sherds|
Fieldwalking here in 1997 recovered prehistoric flint pot boilers, a medieval horse harness pendant suspender and sherds of Iron Age, medieval and post medieval pottery.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 36 25|
|Parish:||STALHAM, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
1997. Fieldwalking finds.
Two pot boilers.
Flint gritted sherd, probably Iron Age.
Twenty-one medieval sherds (two rims and one decorated base).
German stoneware sherd and one Lead Glazed Earthenware sherd.
Medieval, rather worn foot of bronze vessel.
Solid bronze ball with shank dividing into two perforated legs with and iron hinge between them (see for comparison hollow example from Thetford EAA 22, no.52). Looks like a horse harness pendant suspender, but there is no means of attachment to strap. ?Medieval.
Identified by H. Geake (NCM) 1997. Polaroid in file.
W. Milligan (NCM) 17 February 1997.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- POT BOILER (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- HARNESS (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- VESSEL (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Photograph: NCC Find Identification and Recording Service. c. 1975-2000. HES Find Polaroid Collection. HES Find Polaroid Collection. polaroid. black and white. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
Related records - none
Find out more...