|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Old Hall (formerly Coopers Farm), The Street|
Old Hall is a much altered 17th century building of red brick which has been partially rendered. The house has a large offcentre chimney of five moulded and linked lozenge shafts. Inside the large rooms have spine beams, and a three-sided 'parlour' fireplace has also been retained.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 0571 2443|
|Parish:||THEMELTHORPE, BROADLAND, NORFOLK|
Listed building description (S1) states much altered 17th century. Red brick part rendered; hipped roof, two storey and attic. Sash windows, 20th century casements. Pentise extensions on north and south. Large offcentre chimney of five moulded and linked lozenge shafts. Some stopped beams, brick fireplaces with bressumers.
Plans submitted for planning application 1997 (S2) show that house retains three cell plan with one room beyond stack having three-sided 'parlour' fireplace, large room on other side and two rooms side by side at end. Large rooms have spine beams. Winding stairs in former entrance lobby now behind outshut.
Compiled by E. Rose (NLA), 21 April 1997.
- HOUSE (Post Medieval to Modern - 1600 AD? to 2050 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
|<S1>||Scheduling record: English Heritage. List of Buildings of Historical and Architectural Interest. |
|<S2>||Graphic material: Various. Various. Architectural plans.. |
Related records - none
Find out more...