|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Old Hall, Belton with Browston|
An early 18th century hall, built of brick with a pantiled roof. The south façade is three storeys high, with five bays. There are giant pilasters with moulded bases and a central door with Doric pilasters. The windows of this part of the hall are 18th century. There is a 19th crntury extension to the rear which is two storeys high, and has 19th/20th century windows.
Images - none
Early 18th century, brick with pantiled roof. South façade, three storeys, five bays. Giant pilasters with moulded bases and capitals at ends of façade. Central door with Roman Doric pilasters and pediment. 18th century sash windows but lower sashes of ground floor openings have lost their glazing bars; first floor windows are late 18th century, staircase window above door is round headed with rusticated surround. Moulded gault brick eaves cornice. Internal gable stacks to tumbled gables. Rear 19th century two storey extension with 19th and 20th century windows. Interior not seen. Information from (S2). (1960s pottery in outbuilding). (S1) in file.
E. Rose (NLA) 27 January 1997.
- GREAT HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
|<S2>||Scheduling record: English Heritage. List of Buildings of Historical and Architectural Interest. |
Related records - none
Find out more...