Record Details

NHER Number:32366
Type of record:Monument
Name:World War Two gun emplacement

Summary

A World War Two gun emplacement that has now been converted into a summerhouse.

Images - none

Location

Grid Reference:TF 5553 0098
Map Sheet:TF50SE
Parish:NORDELPH, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK

Full description

December 1994. Defensive Structurs Survey. I2-15.
Type 28a emplacement for 2 pdr anti-tank gun. Loops in front and side walls but not in rear.
Converted to summer house.
Information from survey form (S1).
D. Walker (NLA), July 1996.

The location of this gun emplacement was originally recorded to north of Chapel Farm.
This has now been corrected. It is actually located within the garden of The Fuschias to the east.
See note [2] for details.
H. Hamilton (HES), 08 May 2018.

Monument Types

  • GUN EMPLACEMENT (World War Two - 1939 AD to 1945 AD)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status - none

Sources and further reading

---Secondary File: Secondary File.
<S1>Recording Form: [various]. Norfolk Defensive Structures Survey Recording Form. Norfolk Defensive Structures Survey.

Related records - none

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2020 Norfolk Historic Environment Service