|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Iron Age to Saxon brooches and coins|
Metal detecting in this area recovered a number of Iron Age to Early Saxon objects, including a Roman ring and fanbow brooch, an Early Saxon cruciform brooch, and an Iron Age coin.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||Not displayed|
|Parish:||TIVETSHALL ST MARY, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
1996. Metal detector finds. 
Roman ring and fanbow brooch, chatelaine brooch, coin.
Early Saxon Group I cruciform brooch.
Side knob from Group V cruciform brooch.
See lists in secondary file.
Identified by H. Geake (NCM) and J. Davies (NCM).
H. Geake (NCM), 7 November 1996.
October to November 1998. Metal detecting. 
Iron Age coin.
See list in secondary file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 18 July 1999.
- FINDSPOT (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Early Saxon - 410 AD to 650 AD)
- COIN (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- BROOCH (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- COIN (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- BROOCH (Early Saxon - 411 AD to 650 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
Related records - none
Find out more...