|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric worked flints and Early Saxon pottery sherds|
Two pieces of Early Saxon pottery were found in spoil from a trench in 1985. Prehistoric flint flakes and blades were found on the surface in 1997.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TL 9689 8203|
|Parish:||RIDDLESWORTH, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
Two sherds of Early Saxon 'urn' found in spoil from pipe trench.
See description in file.
A.Rogerson (NLA), 23 January 1997.
1997. Found on surface around find spot.
Sherd of pottery (to be identified)
Flint flakes and blades.
See note in file.
E. Rose (NLA),, 22 February 1999.
- FINDSPOT (Lower Palaeolithic to Early Saxon - 1000000 BC to 650 AD)
- POT (Undated)
- BLADE (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- FLAKE (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Early Saxon - 411 AD to 650 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
Related records - none
Find out more...