|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Site of medieval to post medieval watermill|
This mill was called Letton Mill in 1389, Sedgeford Mill in 1546 and Ould Mille Brig in 1700. The mill was gone by 1797. A circular mound or raised platform can be seen on an aerial photograph and may be related to this site.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 6936 3713|
|Parish:||SEDGEFORD, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Site of watermill.
Called Letton Mill 1389. Sedgeford Mill 1546, Ould Mille Brig 1700.
Gone by 1797.
Information from .
E. Rose (NLA), 2 September 1996.
April 2002. Norfolk NMP.
Circular mound or raised platform recorded at TF 6940 3720 (SMR 26836), may relate to the site referenced here.
S. Massey (NMP), 29 April 2002.
- WATERMILL (Medieval to 19th Century - 1066 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources - none
Related records - none
Find out more...