|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Cropmark of ring ditch and prehistoric flints|
A ring ditch, probably dating to the Bronze Age, is visible as a cropmark on aerial photographs. Prehistoric flakes, a borer and other worked flints were found in 1998.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 2037 3469|
|Parish:||HANWORTH, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
28 June 1990. NAU air photography.
Ring ditch to south of church.
D. Edwards (NAU).
1998. On and around area of ring ditch.
4 undatable prehistoric worked flints.
See (S1) in file by P.A. Robins (NCM).
A. Rogerson (NLA) 9 December 1998.
- RING DITCH (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- SITE (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- BORER (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- FLAKE (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Aerial Photograph: TG 2034 B,F. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
|<S1>||Unpublished document: Robins, P. (NCM). 1998. Lithic Report. |
Related records - none
Find out more...