|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Saxon and medieval metal finds|
Metal detecting in 1995 recovered Saxon and medieval metalwork. The objects include a mount from an Early Saxon drinking horn or vessel and a Late Saxon box mount. A medieval coin was also found.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 06 38|
|Parish:||LETHERINGSETT WITH GLANDFORD, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
|THORNAGE, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Pre October 1995. Metal detecting.
Area of finds straddling parish boundary.
Early Saxon drinking horn mount.
Late Saxon box mount.
Medieval coin and object.
See list in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 10 November 1995.
- FINDSPOT (Early Saxon - 410 AD to 650 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- DRINKING VESSEL (Early Saxon - 411 AD to 650 AD)
- VESSEL (Early Saxon - 411 AD to 650 AD)
- BOX (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- COIN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- UNIDENTIFIED OBJECT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
Related records - none
Find out more...