|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Middle Bronze Age, Roman and medieval to post-medieval finds|
Metal-detecting in 1994, 2002 and 2015 recovered a post-medieval jetton as well as Middle Bronze Age, Roman and medieval to post-medieval metal objects. The metal finds include a Middle Bronze Age rapier fragment, a Roman razor handle, a gilded medieval hinge plate and post medieval buckles.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 93 10|
|Parish:||SCARNING, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
September-October 1994. Metal detecting. North end of (now) large field. .
Medieval gilded bronze hinge-plate with semi-circular front plate, two rivets folded under, creating a loop for hinge bar.
Early post medieval attachment plate from buckle with broken pin, frame missing.
Identified by S. Margeson (NCM).
A. Rogerson (NLA), 4 November 1994.
December 2002-January 2003. Metal-detecting.
1 Middle Bronze Age rapier fragment (see S1).
1 Roman razor handle.
1 post-medieval jetton.
Objects Identified by S. Ashley (NLA) and K.Hines (NLA) and the jetton by A. Marsden (NLA). See lists in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 13 February 2003.
Updated by J. Page (HES), 3 March 2014.
October 2015. Metal-detecting. .
Information from PAS import.
A. Beckham (HES), 1 January 2016.
- FINDSPOT (Middle Bronze Age - 1600 BC to 1001 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- RAPIER (Middle Bronze Age - 1600 BC to 1001 BC)
- RAZOR (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- STRAP FITTING (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- BUCKLE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- JETTON (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- BUCKLE (16th Century to 17th Century - 1575 AD to 1700 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Photograph: I & RS. Digital finds image. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Illustration: Hinds, K.. 2003. Drawing of a Bronze Age rapier fragment.. Film. 1:1. |
Related records - none
Find out more...