|Type of record:||Find Spot|
A fragment of a Roman bracelet, Roman pottery, tile and roof tile, medieval roof tile, and pottery dating from the Middle Saxon to the medieval period found during fieldwalking and metal detecting.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 71 21|
|Parish:||GRIMSTON, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Autumn 1994. General collection from area east of NHER 13800 containing 19110 and 14754.
1 chip Samian, 1 Nene Valley colour coated, 2 Roman oxidised flagon body sherds and 1 Roman grey including a bowl rim and a storage jar body sherd.
1 body sherd sandy Ipswich.
20 Thetford type including 4 jar and 3 bowl rims (1 rouletted), 3 storage jar body sherds with thumbed strips and 1 rouletted body sherd.
25 undifferentiated medieval unglazed, Grimston Thetford and possibly a few Roman.
18 unglazed Grimston.
7 glazed Grimston.
5 Roman tiles including imbrex fragment and flue tile (combed) fragment.
3 medieval peg roofing tiles.
1 fragment of stone verde antica, polished on both faces, 23mm thick, no original edges, ?Roman.
A. Rogerson (NLA) 9 December 1994.
Roman fragment (at least 40 x 85mm) of copper alloy bracelet, circular sectioned (min 3mm, max 5.5mm diameter), surviving expanded terminal, half round decoration of three spools between four beads with longitudinal grooves, transverse line and Y shaped arrangement of punched dots on band.
Identified by S. Ashley (NLA), 2 December 2003.
- FINDSPOT (Unknown date)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Middle Saxon - 651 AD to 850 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- WORKED OBJECT (Undated)
- BRACELET (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- ROOF TILE (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- TILE (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- WORKED OBJECT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Middle Saxon - 651 AD to 850 AD)
- POT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- ROOF TILE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources - none
Related records - none
Find out more...